Regarding Magellan Technical Support

Didn't want to write another Magellan Stinks thread. Anyone who is reading these forums has a pretty good idea about the current state of Magellan's technical support, but I wanted to pass on some good info. Little background first.

After having my unit for almost a month and me making several calls to get some clue as to what the status was on the unit something useful happened today. I got transfered to San Dimas, CA. I don't know why they transfered me, I didn't even know that was an option. So I talked to the rep, who I could easily tell was in the states, and got everything resolved in 10 minutes. And now the good info.

As we were finishing up the conversation I mentioned how nice it was to talk to someone in the U.S. To which he replied if I ever had any problems and needed to speak to someone again that I should ask to be "Escalated to the States", or "Escalated to a Supervisor". Since I just got this info I don't know if it will work, but maybe if your having some problems that the current outsourced support team isn't helping with you could try this. And maybe if enough people got "Escalated to the States" Magellan would get a clue and bring all their support back to the U.S.

Or I have a better idea, we can all jump ship(I have owned 2 Magellan's) and go to other brands and let Magellan fester in their own stupidity, wondering why their stock is in the toilet. If they want to treat us, the customers, like crap, I say return the favor.

Or I have a better idea, we can all jump ship(I have owned 2 Magellan's) and go to other brands and let Magellan fester in their own stupidity, wondering why their stock is in the toilet. If they want to treat us, the customers, like crap, I say return the favor.

I second the motion, all in favor say "AYE!".

Norm

sanramonhunter I experienced the exact same thing about 3 weeks ago.

I had a problem with a product and had been dealing with different reps from Magellans "Tech" support.

Understanding there was a language barrier I felt my point was not getting across, I asked to speak to a supervisor. It took a couple of minutes "on hold" but I was transferred to a supervisor. I did not know if I was tranferred stateside but the rep was clear and understood my problem. I was underway in about ten minutes!