retrieved or grabbed ?

teamnut

You 'retrieve' a travel bug or coin from a cache. You 'grab' a travel bug or coin from another person instead of a cache. Examples: You find a travel bug in a cache and take it='retrieved'. Another cacher hands you a travel bug='grabbed'. Also if you find a travel bug in a cache and it hasn't been logged in there, you 'grab' it from the other cacher (assuming you wait a week or so to see if they are just late logging)

You 'retrieve' a travel bug or coin from a cache. You 'grab' a travel bug or coin from another person instead of a cache. Examples: You find a travel bug in a cache and take it='retrieved'. Another cacher hands you a travel bug='grabbed'. Also if you find a travel bug in a cache and it hasn't been logged in there, you 'grab' it from the other cacher (assuming you wait a week or so to see if they are just late logging)

Great, i understand, just not sure why another cacher would not log the find ?

Great, i understand, just not sure why another cacher would not log the find ?

I have found several TBs and Coins that were still listed in the hands of a cacher, sometimes they misread the tracking numbers, other times they are travelling and are away from a computer for sometime, other times they forget where they placed it, lots of reasons. I usually post a discovered and that it is in my possession, send a note to the person that appears to be holding it, abd if nothing happens before I place it I just grab it. I like to know where my trackables are and appreciate the logs.

A couple weeks ago I found a coin that had been missing for a year, it had been replaced with a path tag and was about 200 miles from my find. I emailed the owner and mailed him his coin back.

It never appeared within 100 miles of my find and it was hard to tell from the logs when it actually went missing.