Problems with Explorist 210 & Vista

I have an Explorist 210 and used to have no problems doing everything on my desktop running XP. Now I have a new laptop, running 64 bit Vista. I can't transfer files to my GPS. I receive an error "No Unit Detected. Magellan Explorist Manager was unable to detect any Explorist." I know that I am connecting it properly, I did it all the time with my desktop. Vista recognizes the GPS as an external drive and I can see the files on the unit from my laptop. I'm really baffled. Any help would be appreciated. I wanted to retire my desktop and use my laptop exclusively. Thanks!

I have a Magellan Explorist 500. I get the same message and have not upgraded my Operating system. A few months ago it quit connecting to the computer. Several calls to Magellan along with emails just end in frustration

It sounds like you have a problem with the cable. I've read other forums where people have had to order new cables and that solved the problem. Otherwise, I would uninstall everything and start over. As for me, I have a work around by using EasyGps to convert my files and then I just copy them over to my Magellan. It works and I don't have to get out my old desktop. Good luck to you.

I have a Magellan Explorist 500. I get the same message and have not upgraded my Operating system. A few months ago it quit connecting to the computer. Several calls to Magellan along with emails just end in frustration

It sounds like you have a problem with the cable. I've read other forums where people have had to order new cables and that solved the problem. Otherwise, I would uninstall everything and start over. As for me, I have a work around by using EasyGps to convert my files and then I just copy them over to my Magellan. It works and I don't have to get out my old desktop. Good luck to you.

I have an Explorist 210 and OS Vista on my laptop. I use Easy GPS and have no problem