Flakey performance with Mapinstall.

gallet

I've finally got map install working but the behaviour is very flakey. I'm using 2.0.2 of Mapinstall which appears to be out of beta, (difficult to tell these days as even gamma releases are beta).

G5 imac 1.9GHz 2.5GB ram.

The problems I'm having is that the drop down menu with the maps stops working. I can select a set of tiles from a maps and maybe if I'm lucky I can do it from another maps. However that's about it, the drop down then will not change, not even back to maps that have be selected. Although occassionally it will.

The only way I could proceed was to delete the database in the ~/Lib/ApplicationSupport/Garmin/Mapinstall folder (not the maps themselves which are in the 'Maps' folder. This unlblocked it but it quickly stopped working. I did this a couple of times, but the third time I did it my maps were no longer unlocked but the code was still there when I inspected the codes.

Is everyone else having these sorts of probs, if not what mac are you using.

thx

I haven't had any of the problems you're describing. I'm using a flatscreen iMac G5, running 10.4.?. It's had all the software updates, as of a few days ago, but I'm at work right now so I can't confirm the exact OS version.

My only problem was crashing caused by a corrupted homebrew map. Got rid of that and everything runs good.

OK thanks for confirming that. I'm using the last rev G5 iMac but I'm running 10.5 I suppose that could be the problem. Here's what it looks like. On the first link I opened mapinstall and I was presented with names without maps and it was all crocked. So I quit and deleted the map database and reopened it in the second link you can see the result. I can select maps up to a point.

http://screencast.com/t/jntOdJc0n

http://screencast.com/t/u5qIyIwH9