How to make a tour catridge

the england's

I am working on a cartridge to take a tour of Melbourne, Australia.

I have got my start point and the second point, but I can not work out how to make the second point visible when the person is at the start point. i have tried many different things in the builder but nothing shows "ocations to go" in the emulator.

I have set the cartridge to activate and make visible the second point on start up. But it still doesnt show.

Surely this is not as hard as i seem to be making it.

Any help will be greatly recieved.

Edited by embi

How far away is your second point from the starting point? The default value is 1500 feet / 500 meters. If your second zone is farther than that, it will not show on the zone list until the player gets closer. To adjust this value, double-click on the zone in the builder and look at the right side of the zone editor window. You'll see a box called "Other Information". Adjust the "Distance Range" to a greater value or, if you want to show it regardless of distance, set it to -1.

Did this help?

I am working on a cartridge to take a tour of Melbourne, Australia.

I have got my start point and the second point, but I can not work out how to make the second point visible when the person is at the start point. i have tried many different things in the builder but nothing shows "ocations to go" in the emulator.

I have set the cartridge to activate and make visible the second point on start up. But it still doesnt show.

Surely this is not as hard as i seem to be making it.

Any help will be greatly recieved.

Hi,

By start point and second point, I assume that you mean you have two zones each with three points, right? If both zones are setup ok then you would want to go to the "When the player enters a zone" event for the first zone. In there add the code to activate the zone and also make it visible. Then the second zone should be visible to the player.

Currently for the second zone, what is the color of the zone in the map window during testing, does it change? One other thing to check is under the zone properties, if your first zone is far away from the second zone, you might need to increase the value for the "Distance Range" or just set it to -1. If you want, upload the code and I'll take a look at it.

Kevan