Just a quicky, Vista HCx, how do i......?

OK, I've just received my eTrex Vista HCx, and generally I'm quite happy with it, however I have a simple niggle with it that there must be an easy solution to....

If i'm in an area, why can't it display all my waypoints and caches on the map page?

I'm in an area where there are at least 12 caches close to me, yet as much as I try zooming out it does not seem to show them. If I set a route it will show my destination cache, but none of the others.

Have I fiddled with the settings and done something wrong, or is this just the way things are with my vista?

this is a real pain when I'm trying to find whats close to my destination, when I go on my travels.

OK, I've just received my eTrex Vista HCx, and generally I'm quite happy with it, however I have a simple niggle with it that there must be an easy solution to....

If i'm in an area, why can't it display all my waypoints and caches on the map page?

I'm in an area where there are at least 12 caches close to me, yet as much as I try zooming out it does not seem to show them. If I set a route it will show my destination cache, but none of the others.

Have I fiddled with the settings and done something wrong, or is this just the way things are with my vista?

this is a real pain when I'm trying to find whats close to my destination, when I go on my travels.

Two solutions: One FIND related, the other MAP SETUP related.

First option is to Choose the find screen, choose Geocaches, press the menu button, choose Find Nearest. Now the list of geocaches in the find list are sorted by distance from your current location. The screen will show the distance & direction at the bottom of the page as you scroll the list.

The MAP SETUP solution is to go to the third option in the setup screen (points), and set the "max zoom" for the user waypoints to an appropriate setting. Use caution as it will really clutter your screen if there's a lot of them close by. You will want to set a higher value to meet your request.