finding new caches in an area...

I've got a daily pocketquery that looks for any new entries in the last couple days within a dozen miles of my home. as I'm a computer geek, I'm online nearly constantly, and check my mail all day long, so I usually get the pocketquery notices in less than an hour after they were sent.... every time something new pops up, its already been FTF'd, often the day before I even saw it.

are there any other ways of doing a search for new caches? say I'm ready to go take a break from the computer, and want to see whats new /RIGHT NOW/ before I go out... there's something like 400 caches in a 12 mile radius of me, so its kind of hard to just look at that list to find 'new' stuff...

I've got a daily pocketquery that looks for any new entries in the last couple days within a dozen miles of my home. as I'm a computer geek, I'm online nearly constantly, and check my mail all day long, so I usually get the pocketquery notices in less than an hour after they were sent.... every time something new pops up, its already been FTF'd, often the day before I even saw it.

are there any other ways of doing a search for new caches? say I'm ready to go take a break from the computer, and want to see whats new /RIGHT NOW/ before I go out... there's something like 400 caches in a 12 mile radius of me, so its kind of hard to just look at that list to find 'new' stuff...

Some cachers get a thrill form the FTF's. It is probably because they have a buddy that they give the cache name and hint to early and probably go log it even before it is published.!! There are many none honest peole in this caching game we play!! :)

Check here and then read up on instant notifications.

You can also preview the Pocket Query any time without having to wait for an e-mail.

the previewed queries don't seem to reflect changes since the last time the query ran.

but, persistence has paid off, since posting this, I've scored two FTF's on local micros with a couple miles of home (and one 2nd to find).