whereigo software

ktmapac

I was able to download the player, with no problem to my pharos gps535.

As soon as I started it, it said "errior, this application (player.exe) requires a newer verson of the MS.net compact framework than the version installed on this device"

No problem, so I went to the requirements on the web site and says download then 2.0 version. After about an hour trying to figure out how to get it on my pocket pc, it is there. I can't install it. When i click on in it file explorer it says "There is no application assoicated with NETCFSetup2. Run the application first, then open this file from wihtin the application.

Note, I downloaded the new version from my pocket pc direct to my device.

So, i have it downloaded on my pocket pc, i just can't install it. can anyone help me.

thanks

Edited by ktmapac

No problem, so I went to the requirements on the web site and says download then 2.0 version. After about an hour trying to figure out how to get it on my pocket pc, it is there. I can't install it. When i click on in it file explorer it says "There is no application assoicated with NETCFSetup2. Run the application first, then open this file from wihtin the application.

So, i have it downloaded on my pocket pc, i just can't install it. can anyone help me.

Looks like what you've got is actually NETCFSetup2.msi, right? The MSI package has to be run on a full-fledged PC, not a Pocket PC. It then hooks in with ActiveSync to send the correct files to the PPC. I'm not sure if there's a way to install it without a desktop/laptop PC or not. Some of the other gurus may be able to chime in more, but if you've got a PC handy to try it on, I'd recommend that first.

Thanks, I didn't really want to load it on my lap top, but if that works i will. I clicked on the install icon and right away it comes up to install, so i know i can install on the lap top right away. I just didn't want another program on the laptop.

Then I assume if i load it, i have to keep it on it then right?

What the heck is this program for anyways?

thanks

Looks like what you've got is actually NETCFSetup2.msi, right? The MSI package has to be run on a full-fledged PC, not a Pocket PC. It then hooks in with ActiveSync to send the correct files to the PPC. I'm not sure if there's a way to install it without a desktop/laptop PC or not. Some of the other gurus may be able to chime in more, but if you've got a PC handy to try it on, I'd recommend that first.

Thanks, I didn't really want to load it on my lap top, but if that works i will. I clicked on the install icon and right away it comes up to install, so i know i can install on the lap top right away. I just didn't want another program on the laptop.

thanks

I don't think you actually have to keep it on the laptop. All it does is prep the files to send to the PPC, as far as I can tell. As for what it does, it installs the .NET framework on the PPC. The .NET framework is basically a software library that the Wherigo Player requires to run. Short version, rather than making everyone write the same general functions all the time, the .NET framework provides some common functionality that lots of programs might want to use. The Wherigo Player uses that functionality, so you need the framework installed to use the Player.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKED. YOU WERE RIGHT. WHEN I DID THE SYNC IT LOADED IT, HOW IT KNEW TO LOAD JUST THAT, HAVE NO IDEA, BUT IT DID. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM.

I have been working on this for hours.

I have a new pharos traveler 535 pda with built in gps.

I have the Ostia maps loaded.

I finally updated the pda to the newer version of .net so that is done.

Now, when I start Wherigo, error message comes up saying "error starting gps, check the settings. No gps device could be found matching NMEA-0183. Make sure gps is powered on and paired with bluetooth"

I don't have a bluetooth, mine is all in one.

Can anyone help me?

thanks

thanks

I don't think you actually have to keep it on the laptop. All it does is prep the files to send to the PPC, as far as I can tell. As for what it does, it installs the .NET framework on the PPC. The .NET framework is basically a software library that the Wherigo Player requires to run. Short version, rather than making everyone write the same general functions all the time, the .NET framework provides some common functionality that lots of programs might want to use. The Wherigo Player uses that functionality, so you need the framework installed to use the Player.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT WORKED. YOU WERE RIGHT. WHEN I DID THE SYNC IT LOADED IT, HOW IT KNEW TO LOAD JUST THAT, HAVE NO IDEA, BUT IT DID. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM.

I have been working on this for hours.

I have a new pharos traveler 535 pda with built in gps.

I have the Ostia maps loaded.

I finally updated the pda to the newer version of .net so that is done.

Now, when I start Wherigo, error message comes up saying "error starting gps, check the settings. No gps device could be found matching NMEA-0183. Make sure gps is powered on and paired with bluetooth"

I don't have a bluetooth, mine is all in one.

Can anyone help me?

thanks

:rolleyes:

Hello All,

I am having a similar problem. I have the Pharos 535e and I was able to download the program and the tutorial cartridge. When I fist started Wherigo I had the same error message; "error starting gps, check the settings. No gps device could be found matching NMEA-0183." I tried to change the settings to the manufacturer's recommendations (Com 4 Baud 4800), but this did not help. Instead whenever I start Wherigo the program locks up and does not load.

Any Ideas???

Thanks!