Pause or Delay function

USCcouple

From what I have heard and the way it was phrased, the player code seems to operate in real-time and execute everything as it happens. I do not know if, with the way the player has been written, if a statement to block any other events would even be feasible. Well, I guess you could set a flag, which will be used to test when any other event is triggered...

Why would you like to slow the execution? What would you like to accomplish?

From what I have heard and the way it was phrased, the player code seems to operate in real-time and execute everything as it happens. I do not know if, with the way the player has been written, if a statement to block any other events would even be feasible. Well, I guess you could set a flag, which will be used to test when any other event is triggered...

Why would you like to slow the execution? What would you like to accomplish?

I am currently having trouble with a cartridge. It has 18 zones and tasks that need to be made active and visible all at once. This works for the Colorado, but for some reason appears to be causing problems when used with a PPC. tands and I have been working to try and troubleshoot the problem and it seems at the moment that simply too much is going on all at one. I could is necessary break up the code, but I would rather not.

Thanks,

Kevan

I am currently having trouble with a cartridge. It has 18 zones and tasks that need to be made active and visible all at once. This works for the Colorado, but for some reason appears to be causing problems when used with a PPC. tands and I have been working to try and troubleshoot the problem and it seems at the moment that simply too much is going on all at one. I could is necessary break up the code, but I would rather not.

There are unspecified -- but very real -- limits on the number of zones in a single cartridge. The limits are imposed both by memory and CPU limitations in the target device. Although I can't find the post, I believe that somebody from Groundspeak stated that 10 was a reasonable maximum number of zones from a memory standpoint. More than 10 may work in some cases. It sounds like your case may be limited more by CPU than memory. In that case, inactivating some of the zones may help. If the zones have complex geometry (lots of sides), simplifying the shapes may also help. A bit more disucssion is available here.

There are unspecified -- but very real -- limits on the number of zones in a single cartridge. The limits are imposed both by memory and CPU limitations in the target device. Although I can't find the post, I believe that somebody from Groundspeak stated that 10 was a reasonable maximum number of zones from a memory standpoint. More than 10 may work in some cases. It sounds like your case may be limited more by CPU than memory. In that case, inactivating some of the zones may help. If the zones have complex geometry (lots of sides), simplifying the shapes may also help. A bit more disucssion is available here.

They are simple zones, and nothing really is happening during the cartridge. It is a scavenger hunt so something is triggered when the user enters one of the zones. The odd thing it that it works fine with the Colorado, but not the PPC...

Kevan