Question about Garmin eTrex Vista Cx

I have questions about my used Garmin eTrex Vista Cx that I just received.

I can't find the answer on Garmin's website.

1.) How do I change the date?

2.) When I first turn on the GPS, the backlight is very low, so I have to adjust it by pressing and releasing the power button. Then I go to the set up display page and set the backlight to 55%. When I turn the unit off and then on again, the backlight is very low again. Is this normal? Is this how it is supposed to be?

I have questions about my used Garmin eTrex Vista Cx that I just received.

I can't find the answer on Garmin's website.

1.) How do I change the date?

2.) When I first turn on the GPS, the backlight is very low, so I have to adjust it by pressing and releasing the power button. Then I go to the set up display page and set the backlight to 55%. When I turn the unit off and then on again, the backlight is very low again. Is this normal? Is this how it is supposed to be?

ssgeo, if you have not, go to the Garmin web page and download the Manual for the CX much better than the one for my HCx but I use it instead.

When you initialize the unit your date and time will be automatically set . On the CX their is a date and time setup page, that allows you to control time format, UTC offset, timezone, and daylight savings.

As far as the back-light, it will not turn back on by itself during start up. During start up you can press the power button twice and it should display your saved 55% light setting.

Thanks.

After finally acquiring satellites, I saw that my date went from March 1 to the correct date of March 8. Is it the satellites that's telling my GPS that it is March 8? (in a similar way that my cell phone clock and date is sent to my phone automatically)?

Thanks.

After finally acquiring satellites, I saw that my date went from March 1 to the correct date of March 8. Is it the satellites that's telling my GPS that it is March 8? (in a similar way that my cell phone clock and date is sent to my phone automatically)?

Yes, it comes from the sats. You just need to set the timezone as a reference. I'd also run the Garmin webupdater to make sure you have the current software.