Explorist 210 and MapSend Topo for US.

Hi,

I have a 210 and have upgraded to EU257 and now have more screens and WAAS.

I also have a CD titled MapSend Topo for the United States. The software works for the Meridian Platinum OK but I haven't been able to copy regions to the Explorist yet. I have conversion manager program also.

Can I put detail maps on the explorist? What types of files does Explorer use in internal memory for detail maps ... *.imi or *.img.

Thanks

Mapsend Topo is incompatible with the Explorist line; Meridians and SporTraks are the only models I know that can use that. You need to use Mapsend Topo 3D for Explorists.

Edit: Forgot the format issue: it's .img for the Meridians/Sportraks, .imi for Explorists. When you enter the serial number of your GPS for detail file compilation, the software decides which is the format you need.

Edited by embra

Thanks for the info and the link to FAQs. Guess I'll have to look around for cheap Topo 3D for Explorist.

By the way ... the 210 seems to work just great for geocaching. It always gets me close, hangs on to sat signals, and the bactrack feature is useful. The grey scale display is very easy to read when there is ANY light at all, and the orange backlight is great in the dark. I got mine at Walmart for $59. It was marked higher but rang up low.

If you really want to hack it, it is possible to use MobileMapper Office to create .imi files using the mapping data from the old MapSend Topo USA data. See

<http://www.msh-tools.com/exploristmsend.html> for more details. I have heard success stories, and supposedly, it is not that difficult.

Thanks for the info and the link to FAQs. Guess I'll have to look around for cheap Topo 3D for Explorist.

By the way ... the 210 seems to work just great for geocaching. It always gets me close, hangs on to sat signals, and the bactrack feature is useful. The grey scale display is very easy to read when there is ANY light at all, and the orange backlight is great in the dark. I got mine at Walmart for $59. It was marked higher but rang up low.