Mapsend TOPO 3D USA

Dataware

Hello All,

Sorry about the second post for the same thing but I realized that the topic description didn't really describe what I was trying to ask without opening the post.

The Question is:

Does anyone know of a way to use the Mapsend TOPO 3D USA Software with Multiple Magellan Explorist 210 Serial Numbers. I went like a fool and have bought 1 software package & 3 Explorists... The only way to date that I have found to load a region to more than one unit is to install the software on multiple computers.

Thanks in advance

DWS

I suppose you have the CD version. If you have the DVD version, it is hopeless, because the software is bound to only one serial number, even if you install it in several computers.

For the CD version, when you generate a map, there should be an option to change the serial number. I believe you can change it up to 3 or 4 times. After which you will have to reinstall before you can change it again.

My suggestion is to generate all the maps you would even need for one serial number, file them away safely. Then change the serial number, generate all the maps again and file them away, and then do the same for the third explorist. After that, you don't need to generate maps any more.

Clement

Hello All,

Sorry about the second post for the same thing but I realized that the topic description didn't really describe what I was trying to ask without opening the post.

The Question is:

Does anyone know of a way to use the Mapsend TOPO 3D USA Software with Multiple Magellan Explorist 210 Serial Numbers. I went like a fool and have bought 1 software package & 3 Explorists... The only way to date that I have found to load a region to more than one unit is to install the software on multiple computers.

Thanks in advance

DWS

Thanks Clement. By installing on three computers (1 for each explorist) I was able to get all three loaded with the same detail map. And yes... Mine is the DVD version.

I suppose you have the CD version. If you have the DVD version, it is hopeless, because the software is bound to only one serial number, even if you install it in several computers.

For the CD version, when you generate a map, there should be an option to change the serial number. I believe you can change it up to 3 or 4 times. After which you will have to reinstall before you can change it again.

My suggestion is to generate all the maps you would even need for one serial number, file them away safely. Then change the serial number, generate all the maps again and file them away, and then do the same for the third explorist. After that, you don't need to generate maps any more.

Clement

Hello All,

The Question is:

Thanks in advance

DWS