My Magellan Help

Rosemark

Ok! I am not familuar with this fourm, so please excuse me if I am in the wrong place here. I was just given a Magellan Explorist 500. (it replaces a dino from the 80's) It seems to be a nice GPS, but I was finely going to be able to download caches into my GPS... (I thought) now the geocache site says it only supports Garmin... Is there a way around this. The Magellan was a gift, I would hate to have to change it.

Don't worry you can still download the important cords you need in the form of a < .loc > file, then to get you started go to the resources page on Geocaching and download and install Easygps to upload to your Magellan. I have done things this way for years and have had no problems, it's simple and it works!

Ok! I am not familuar with this fourm, so please excuse me if I am in the wrong place here. I was just given a Magellan Explorist 500. (it replaces a dino from the 80's) It seems to be a nice GPS, but I was finely going to be able to download caches into my GPS... (I thought) now the geocache site says it only supports Garmin... Is there a way around this. The Magellan was a gift, I would hate to have to change it.

You can go to Magellan gps.com and look up software/maps and download mapsend lite or something like and it's a great system...