I know who has it but....

swizzle

....They won't put my TB back into circulation. I e-mailed a cacher who last logged one of my travel bugs. It was almost a year to the day. I e-mailed him and he e-mailed me back saying that he would give it to a friend who is still caching. Its been a few months now and I have an unanswered e-mail. I was very careful to word it very politely and I know people drift in and out of caching all the time. I don't want to overload him on e-mails and make him mad enough to throw my TB away. What should I do? I'm thinking about e-mailing him and getting his address so I can send a stamped and self addressed package to him so he can mail it back for free. Any other suggestions? Swizzle

I am at odds on what to do next...

Do what I do, just wait.

After three months I might send someone a friendly reminder and then one every month or two. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I do know that piling on email to get a reaction probably won't help my bug get released.

I'm still waiting on one of mine to be released that was picked up in March. (the holder logged in this last September)

I am at odds on what to do next...

Do what I do, just wait.

After three months I might send someone a friendly reminder and then one every month or two. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I do know that piling on email to get a reaction probably won't help my bug get released.

I'm still waiting on one of mine to be released that was picked up in March. (the holder logged in this last September)

My latest request from this peron to release my TB back to a cache...

Let me try one more time...I am not looking for thisTB just for me...My nieces and my nephews put 3TB's

together for a race. They follow theseTB's on a daily basis. TheTB you have is my 8 yr. old niece's and she is

heart broken that herTB is in last place and may never see the finish line. After Feb. 28th, TheTB's

are to race to a finish line that will be determined on that date...My 2 Grand-daughters and my Grandson will be on the receiving end of theTB's journey. They too have been watching the progress of their favoriteTB's...The one you have is my 5 yr old grand-daughters pick. She does not understand why anyone would not let her

TB move to another cache.

So... Please let theTB move on...

My latest request from this person to release my TB back to a cache...

Really, I don't know what else you could have said. The importance is very clear.

I hate to think that people just don't care, so I'd have to say that life must have gotten in the way of their caching. It does happen. Times and trails can sometimes keep us from enjoying our hobbies.

Tricky when the bug is in a race otherwise I would suggest offering to pay for postage to return the bug.

Good luck. BD

Well I e-mailed the guy again. I even offered the free shipping back to me and a $5 bill for his troubles. He claims he gave it to a friend and the friend claims that he didn't. So now its in limbo between 2 cachers. He said if he finds it that he will make sure to e-mail me. I sent him an e-mail back saying thanx and that the offer still stands. So hopefully it does pop up again in the future. I can't twist his arm and make him scream uncle so for now I'll use patience and the occasional friendly reminder. I have 10 TB's out now and this is the only one thats hung up so I think I'm doing pretyy dang good and I can live with 1 lost cause. It definately won't stop me from buying a few more TB's here and there and releasing more. Swizzle

Well I e-mailed the guy again. I even offered the free shipping back to me and a $5 bill for his troubles. He claims he gave it to a friend and the friend claims that he didn't. So now its in limbo between 2 cachers. He said if he finds it that he will make sure to e-mail me. I sent him an e-mail back saying thanx and that the offer still stands. So hopefully it does pop up again in the future. I can't twist his arm and make him scream uncle so for now I'll use patience and the occasional friendly reminder. I have 10 TB's out now and this is the only one thats hung up so I think I'm doing pretyy dang good and I can live with 1 lost cause. It definately won't stop me from buying a few more TB's here and there and releasing more. Swizzle

Maybe he can "put" it into a cache where there might be no questions ask and he can get amnesty or something along that line :anicute:

I'm Glad this experience isn't putting a damper on your enthusiasm!