Magellan sportrak map problem

creekscout

I have a sportrak map that I purchased a few years ago and have not used it very much, yesterday I decided to get it out and become familiar with it again. The problem I am having now is that when I try to mark a waypoint it keeps telling me there is no gps fix, even though it shows I am locked on three satelites. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening, I did initialze again if you are thinking that might be the problem. Thank you

I have loved my sport trac map for almost 5 years now. To answer your question, reguires a question.'

are you trying to mark where you are right then? if so, you must wait until you are locked onto 4 satalites. Might be a thought to head outside to do this. Make sure you have a clear view of the sky so you can get at least 4.

if you are trying to enter coordinates by hand, then just enter yes when it asks you if you wanna continue. when you are at the edit screen you can manually adjust the corrs. to what is listed on the cache page.

hope this is of some help. Ill be online tomarrow if you have any other questions.