Caches along a route?

sargenv

I've been happily using the "find caches along a route" feature since I signed up back in January, however it seems that there needs to bea function of deleting an old route or doubled and maybe tripled uploaded routes. Sometimes when the site errors out or I don't know that the route had been uploaded successfully, or it puts things were I don't expect them, I inadvertantly upload my route more than once with no way to delete that route from the site. I figure since we are limited to a # of pocket queries, maybe we should have some way of deleting older routes, or ones that we no longer want to use. I probably have about 20 routes I'd like to delete. Any idea if this was thought out or if it would cause too many issues?

Thanks,

Vince

Hi Vince,

well I think you overlooked something :-)

When you see the list of all your routes, just click on one route you are trying to delete. By clicking the route name, you enter the details of that route.

In the middle of the screen you see three buttons: save, delete and cancel.

Guess which of the three you can use to get rid of that route? :-)

Regards,

Hans

I've been happily using the "find caches along a route" feature since I signed up back in January, however it seems that there needs to bea function of deleting an old route or doubled and maybe tripled uploaded routes. Sometimes when the site errors out or I don't know that the route had been uploaded successfully, or it puts things were I don't expect them, I inadvertantly upload my route more than once with no way to delete that route from the site. I figure since we are limited to a # of pocket queries, maybe we should have some way of deleting older routes, or ones that we no longer want to use. I probably have about 20 routes I'd like to delete. Any idea if this was thought out or if it would cause too many issues?

Thanks,

Vince

Hi Vince,

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I have several routes that I deleted (following Han's instructions) that remain in my list. Now that I've "deleted" them I can't edit them in any way, but they still show up in the list to confuse me. I've started labeling the good routes with things like THIS ONE WORKS, or something, so I can keep them straight. Typically the routes that don't delete are ones that are corrupted and show (0) turns.

This is a known issue, that has been discussed in many threads. It appears to be very low on the priorities list. Hopefully it will be addressed eventually.

Jim (MtnGoat50)