Battery compartment cover for Garmin mapGPS 60, 60C(S) or 60C(S)x wanted!

Yohan

The battery compartment cover of my Garmin mapGPS 60Cx is broken. I asked a local dealer in Belgium for a price. Can you believe 60 EUR (approx 85 USD)!? :laughing:

Does anyone have a defective Garmin mapGPS 60, 60C(S) or 60C(S)x? And are you willing to sell me the battery compartment cover?

Or can you sell me this item new for a better price than the one above?

All answers much appreciated!

Yohan / Belgium

The battery compartment cover of my Garmin mapGPS 60Cx is broken. I asked a local dealer in Belgium for a price. Can you believe 60 EUR (approx 85 USD)!? :P

Does anyone have a defective Garmin mapGPS 60, 60C(S) or 60C(S)x? And are you willing to sell me the battery compartment cover?

Yohan / Belgium

Contact Garmin directly. I emailed them asking how I could get a replacement, and they had one in the mail to me free of charge the next day. I'm in the US, and that may make a difference, but it can't hurt to try.

The battery compartment cover of my Garmin mapGPS 60Cx is broken. I asked a local dealer in Belgium for a price. Can you believe 60 EUR (approx 85 USD)!? :P

Yohan / Belgium

Contact Garmin directly. I emailed them asking how I could get a replacement, and they had one in the mail to me free of charge the next day. I'm in the US, and that may make a difference, but it can't hurt to try.

I did email the official Garmin distributor here in Belgium: Formar Electronics. They referred me to one of their 'power' dealers.

And I've just send an email to techsupp@garmin.com because of your suggestion.

Thank you,

Yohan

Edited by Yohan

The battery compartment cover of my Garmin mapGPS 60Cx is broken. I asked a local dealer in Belgium for a price. Can you believe 60 EUR (approx 85 USD)!? :huh:

Yohan / Belgium

I did email the official Garmin distributor here in Belgium: Formar Electronics. They referred me to one of their 'power' dealers.

And I've just send an email to techsupp@garmin.com because of your suggestion.

Thank you,

Yohan

I just heard that Garmin is sending me a FREE battery compartment cover for my Garmin mapGPS 60Cx. So I'll soon be a happy camper, uh geocacher, again.

Is that great service, or what!? :huh: No wonder their shares price is going higher and higher. :lol:

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Yohan