Garmin 60CSX Vs. Lowrance (hunt c)

nate.carlson

I am going to get one of these two gps units and was looking for some feedback. Mostly I will be using it for hunting and fishing. From what I've read, the Garmin seems to get better SV reception, but its mapping capabilities are not as good. What are you experiences with these units and, how does the topo software compare. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I am going to get one of these two gps units and was looking for some feedback. Mostly I will be using it for hunting and fishing. From what I've read, the Garmin seems to get better SV reception, but its mapping capabilities are not as good. What are you experiences with these units and, how does the topo software compare. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

The following came off the net:

PERFORMANCE: Lowrance receiver performance is comparable to latest Garmin (and Magellan) units. Lowrance units have used SiRF chips for a couple of generations now, and the latest color units have the same SiRF Star III family as the latest Garmin X series. Big patch antenna internally, and an external antenna connector if you really think you need it. Check www.gpsinformation.net for comparative reviews.

I have the none color Hunt and in the field it will out perform a friends Garmin 76, as far as keeping a satellite lock.