Motorcycle GPS units

A friend is thinking of getting aGPS for his bike. He is new to GPS units and so am I.

Can anybody give any feedback on the Garmin Zumo 450, Zumo 550 and the Tom Tom Rider?

He asked if Tom Tom would be a good option since the price is about 300 less than the Zumos but he would certainly go with quality first.

Any feedback, tips and opinions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

FayeC

You may get some comments on these systems in this forum but will likely to get more info if you post this question & read up at the Garmin Advanced Navigation Systems Forum.

Will I get info on Tom Toms there too?

He would like to know more about the difference between Garmin and Tom Tom and also if there is any issue he should be concerned of in case he gets the Tom Tom...

FayeC

Will I get info on Tom Toms there too?

He would like to know more about the difference between Garmin and Tom Tom and also if there is any issue he should be concerned of in case he gets the Tom Tom...

FayeC

The link I provided above is to the GpsPassion forums where there is also a Tom Tom forum, among many others.

http://www.ADVrider.com also has a very good GPS board, and it is a motorcycle specific site, so you're likely to get replies that address your specific application.

A friend is thinking of getting aGPS for his bike....

I went through this myself. Since you are posting on the geocache forum you and your friend might be like me and want a unit for the car, motorcycle, hiking, and geocaching. Probably ideally, a different unit for each one. But I don't have those kinds of funds so I opted for a quest 2. Durable for motocycle, has mapping for road trips, off road mode for geocaching and can upload topo maps for hiking. I've been very happy with mine.