First Time

tarticatf7

:D I am looking for placing my first hide any tips on WHERE to place it ? I went to my local park to look for places and i found the tree where it fell over but is still connected to the trunk, where the tree and trunk meet there is a small crevase would that be a good spot? the Crevase is about 5in by 5in by 8in

Here is the container 6g1yuy1.jpg

And

68ck4zn.jpg

smalll ccontainer about 2in by 3in

Edited by tarticatf7

Wow, my dear, you totally changed your post. It depends.

I just lost a cache that was a 6 mile beach hike to get to, and when I placed it I thought "What are the chances it will be stolen from here?" Well you just never know, but people will explore, and if the tree is something that is easily noticed / right out in the open, it may be trouble.

It is best, to protect a cache, to have it a bit off the beaten path. Think about it from a kid's perspective, is it some place you might just be playing around and find by accident? And, be prepared, you may not get that answer right. I know how aggravating it is to lose a cache, or have people take a good prize and leave a rock, but you need to accept the possibility.

Best to you~

Edited to say that I'm old, and the first thing to go is the ability to spell.

Edited by bumblingbs