Garmin Quest

I have a Quest and I have been very happy with it. It has all essential functions for use in a car, including voice prompts and very quick route and re-routing calculations. It is small, light, and easy to use and read on a trail. It is perfectly adequate for geacaching. The most important thing I would recommend to improve its functionality is to get a small, light weight external antenna, preferably with 3 to 4 ft. of cable. It will improve reception, allow continuous satellite lock and track recording, even with the Quest in a pocket, and permit easy use on a plane (I shove the antenna up under the window shade). I don't have a link but the Elsinga family web page has plenty of useful info about the Quest which is, at the moment, the only GPSr that is well suited for cars and trails.

Thank you much!

Question for Appletree: what are you with the Quest on a plane?

Not sure I understand the question, but if you meant where, not what, I always get a window seat and slip the external antenna between the window shade and the window with the shade just slightly pulled down. I try not to be obvious about it as many flight attendants do not like GPSrs. They rarely see mine, but I usually do get the entire flight track, excluding take-off and landing as I comply with explicit instructions and keep the unit off at the proscribed times.