eTrex Legend CX x GPSMAP 60C

Ok.....I am down to these two models pricewise.

Which one would be my best pick for first GPS? Mind you we don't intend to do any cross-country or out of province geocaching any time soon.

Maybe in a couple of years when the youngest will be 4 and old enough to get into it and travelling far will not be such a hassle of diapers, wipes and sippy cups.

So....which one is my best buy considering I can buy them for roughly the same price on Ebay.

Thanks,

FayeC

P.S. I just found a GPSMAP 60CS for the same price as the eTrex Legend CX. I do understand the Legend uses SD cards while the 60CS doesn't but will it trump the 60CS' better reception with the quad antenna?

Edited by FayeC

The 60C has been discontinued since they released the x-series last year. It does not have the SIRF-III ultra sensative antenna of the 60Cx or 60CSx.

The Legend-Cx just was discontinued for the Legend HCx series although you won't find the H series in many stores yet.

The 60 series is a bigger unit and has a bigger screen than the Legend Cx. The Legend has the buttons on the side while the 60 has the buttons below the screen. Both models have very similar software.

The 60 comes with more base memory but has no micro SD card expandility if you decide to buy maps. The Legend Cx has an Micro SD slot if you do decide to buy maps so you can potentially have it hold a lot more maps.

If you are sure that you don't need more than 64MB for mapping in the future, I guess go with the 60C. But see how much more a 60Cx would be on ebay and if it isn't that much more, I strongly recommend the 60Cx.