Magellan Platinum - creating a waypoint on the fly

I'm usually pretty tech-savvy but I just haven't found this one. Once in a while, before a bit of a hike, I'd like to know how to (if I can) drop a waypoint at the place we've parked. There've been other circumstances, but that's the most common one. I'm familiar with the 'anchor' option on the GPSr, but that one seems to tell me when I've gotten too far from a spot.

On multicaches, I just edit the waypoint itself to point to the next spot. Great if you've got a point handy to edit....

So, fellow geodytes, what's the best way to drop a bread crumb?

I'm usually pretty tech-savvy but I just haven't found this one. Once in a while, before a bit of a hike, I'd like to know how to (if I can) drop a waypoint at the place we've parked. There've been other circumstances, but that's the most common one. I'm familiar with the 'anchor' option on the GPSr, but that one seems to tell me when I've gotten too far from a spot.

On multicaches, I just edit the waypoint itself to point to the next spot. Great if you've got a point handy to edit....

So, fellow geodytes, what's the best way to drop a bread crumb?

Hold down the GOTO button for two seconds to mark your current location. You can use the arrow keys to move the cursor to a nearby location and do the same when you have the desired point.