rusty on my Magellan Gold

:angry:

Hi! 2 years ago I had just started Geocaching with a brand new Magellan Gold when a member of my family got really sick and I had to stop. Now I'm getting back into it, but the technology has moved forward and the the "how to" on the website has changed. I've messed around with pocket queries (which didn't exist before) and created lists and stuff, but maybe these new things are incompatable with my old GPS? I still can't figure out/remember how to download waypoints into my Magellan Gold. It seemed pretty easy, even straight forward a couple of years ago. I can't afford to get a new GPS - can someone point me to the page that will tell me how to download info that is compatible with my good old Gold?

Thanks!

Rupert the Dragon

The Gold is a good GPSr. Take your .gpx files and use a program like Easy GPS or the best program: GSAK. You can load the cache waypoints directly into the working memory of your Magellan. There is a limit of 500, so you might want to clear the memory first. You can save all of the waypoints in the working memory to a file that you name on your SD card.

With a program like GSAK, you can prepare multiple waypoint files and load them onto the SD card for retrieval later in the field. You just choose the file you want and loan it into the working memory. Also in the field, you can take your SD card and put it into another Meridian and they can load the same file.

Yeah, dont worry about your Gold being "old"..LOL

IMHO, the Meridians are probably still the best handheld receivers Magellan has ever made. It will still be a few more years before they are really obsolete.

And, yes, get GSAK or EasyGPS to load your waypoints.

Edited by Cracker.