Help with Treo 700we

Frisco Finders

Ok, I know that there are 100's of paperless caching threads, but after trying to find specific info on the Treo 700wx, I've given up and am asking for help. It has the Windows Mobile ver. 5 on it. I have no problem running my PQ and downloading all caching into my GPSr, but when I try and open the other file with all the descriptions on my phone, it doesn't work. My previous phone worked with a "ebook reader". But I can't seem to find it for the Treo,,,, or is there something better out there? I know I can use the wap page on the Treo, and that works well,,,, ask long as I'm in a service area. Just too often I'm driving,,, see a cache on my screen,,,, and want to just pull up the description in my phone to see what it is. I emailed the GeoNavigator crew and they say they don't support this Treo yet,,,, so any help would be GREATLY APPRCIATED!!

Thanks in advance!

--Frisco Finders

And yes,,,,, I also realize that I have a typo in the topic line with 700we instead of wx,,,, I guess if I can't type it correctly,,, I need more help than I think!!!

Edited by Frisco Finders

Go get GPXSonar:

http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/cs/files/default.aspx

Make sure to download the v1.5 that is "for test purposes only." It works just fine on the Treo and will automatically find and identify your pocket queries in the .zip format. If you use v1.4, it looks for a .gpx file instead.

GPXSonar is very similar to GSAK in purpose, but is not as feature-rich. You can sort caches in various ways including distance from defined coordinates, include/exclude cache types, etc. Selecting a cache will bring up all the details you need in Pocket IE, except pictures. Mine's a little annoying because the Treo attempts to connect to the internet every time you open the web page, but you just tell it to cancel if you don't want to connect. Tap and hold on the cache to see the hint.

I'd imagine cachemate would be another that others would recommend and it serves the same purpose, but I've never used it.

Go get GPXSonar:

http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/cs/files/default.aspx

Make sure to download the v1.5 that is "for test purposes only." It works just fine on the Treo and will automatically find and identify your pocket queries in the .zip format. If you use v1.4, it looks for a .gpx file instead.

GPXSonar is very similar to GSAK in purpose, but is not as feature-rich. You can sort caches in various ways including distance from defined coordinates, include/exclude cache types, etc. Selecting a cache will bring up all the details you need in Pocket IE, except pictures. Mine's a little annoying because the Treo attempts to connect to the internet every time you open the web page, but you just tell it to cancel if you don't want to connect. Tap and hold on the cache to see the hint.

I'd imagine cachemate would be another that others would recommend and it serves the same purpose, but I've never used it.

Thanks for the quick response,,, I'll download it and try it today!!!