60 CSx Error Value

Thot

I got a 60 CSx last night, and I've been playing with it this morning.

I assume the 60 CSx "Accuracy" reading is the equivalent to Magellan's EPE.

After my SporTrak acquired WAAS it typically gave EPE values in the 13-25 range. The 60 CSx is rather consistently giving values near 40. Is this simply a difference in how Garmin & Magellan calculate EPE?

I got a 60 CSx last night, and I've been playing with it this morning.

I assume the 60 CSx "Accuracy" reading is the equivalent to Magellan's EPE.

After my SporTrak acquired WAAS it typically gave EPE values in the 13-25 range. The 60 CSx is rather consistently giving values near 40. Is this simply a difference in how Garmin & Magellan calculate EPE?

By "Accuracy" Garmin is in fact talking about "EPE"; I believe they even refer to EPE somewhere in the manual. However, their algorithms for calculating it differ from Magellan's, so don't make too much of small differences. That said, 40 is high for "typical" 60CSx results with good reception - you can expect values in the 13-25 and even better (often you will see numbers below 10). With 40 and good reception, the most likely answer is you are using it in the "Battery Saver" mode, so check to make sure it is in "Normal" (system setup page).

I'm assuming you are talking "feet" and not "meters"; if you are in "meters", then you really are having problems :D

Thanks.

Both of you were right. It's now 15 feet

I remember setting the battery to Saver mode. I couldn't find anywhere it explained what Normal, Battery Saver, GPS off, and Demo were, and jumped (erroneously) to the conclusion Saver meant it turned the power off after a period of inactivity like my Magellan does.

Apparently there's not battery saver mode like I was looking for.