Suggestions for Caching Surrey Trip

Hello I am a relatively new cacher 20 so far. I am taking my partner Charlotte and her sister 1st timer out tommorow Saturday. To look for Geocaches in Surrey countryside.

We will be out from 12 ish till 4ish and I wondered if anyone could suggest a suitable area or trip to do about 4 caches or a couple of multis. I particularly like multis but do not want to attempt anything too difficult as it may put the sister off.

We can travel anywhere around the county and to give an idea of what we have enjoyed so far was The snow white series on Box Hill and a couple of level 1-2 multi caches set by badgers4 in the pyford area.

Any help with a suggestion for a trip itineray would be most appreciated.

Thankyou

pauliesg

Hi Paul,

Wow... if you started caching with the Snow White series and you are still keen, you are a lost cause already :sad::P:anicute:

Not the easiest of terrain for the area but an excellent series - just what caching should be all about :tired:

I have not done many other caches in this area, but the few I have done I have thoroughly enjoyed. I am sure some local cachers can recommend some others to you.

Happy caching!

Jon

Thanks Jon

I did not manage them all in one day though, it took two separate visits. and I have left Snow White for another day. As I know I will be able to get my girlfriend to go back up box hill as she likes the Restaurant at the top.

So if she says I dont fancy caching today I will suggest Snow and she will surely go.

There are 5 traditional caches all around Epsom Downs (all by different cachers surprisingly) which would probably make for a nice walk. I have a couple of puzzle ones very nearby as well (Worship and Childs Play) which you are welcome to try. They need solving at home though before collecting.

Or how about looking at those round Reigate, especially those by Sadexploration.

Have a look at the Reigate Mega Multi Ramble, - Warm up and Mad Bit. Read the logs for some amazing feedback!

If you go back to Box Hill there are some Cache U Nutter ones round there - Juniper Hill, Boxwood Tower, Box Hill Fort, and Baba sur te ton (need to do a little local research on this one before you leave really)

Finally, if you like a mix of an amazingly scenic walk with a little (make that a lot!) of mental challenge on the way, try Brambler's Pitch Series round Leith Hill.

Finally there are a load round Nonsuch Park that can be combined.

Hope that helps, enjoy!!