Changing Track time

I just got back from a trip overseas. I want to use ROBOGEO to be able to track my photos of the trip.

Unfortunately in order for Robogeo to work properly the time in the GPSr and the camera must be the same. I messed up and put in the wrong time zone into my GPSr. So now my pictures and GPSr track are two hours different for the entire trip.

Can any of you think of a way to either change my time in my track or the time in my phots for the whole time? 600 digital photos or a similar number of track points are just too much to change one at a time.

Thanks in advance - Theresa

Hi Theresa,

That's not correct when you say that the timestamp of the photos must match the GPS time. All you have to do in RoboGEO is set the http://www.robogeo.com/home/options.asp#UtcTimeBias option so that it matches the time difference between your camera's clock and UTC time.

The timezone that you enter in your GPS doesn't matter. GPSs only know UTC time and they only use the configurable time zone information when they need to interface with humans, like when they're displaying something on the screen.

Tim Helton