FS: Toshiba e740 PDA

dna1990

I have a e740 sitting on the shelf that could use a good home. I purchased new for work some years back and used it only a short while before being assigned a different model.

Included:

Toshiba e740

Docking Cradle with Power and USB cables.

Extra Power only cord (for docking at work and charging at home for example).

Original Manual.

Original CD (ActiveSync, etc) has serial number intact.

Leather Sleeve (pouch type)

Leather holster with swivel belt clip.

The original stylus is included, there are no scratches or screen defects. The screen was covered in one of those plastic sheets since purchase.

HOWEVER, the battery is NO good. While powering it up in preparation for this sale, it indicated it was taking and had a full charge - but very shortly after unplugging, it powers off. It then shows on 1% charge upon restart. Batteries were shown on eBay for $10-$30. They also have larger capacity batteries (at the expense of a slim design).

While docked, all generic functions were fine, including the WiFi connection. I did not load any external apps.

There are many webpages that spec the e740, but as highlights: it has SD and CF slots (no cards provided). I used the SD slot for additional memory and backup. I borrowed a CF-based GPS for a short while, but never got any decent mapping software installed before I had to return the receiver. It has 802.11b WiFi built in and will support WEP (1st generation). It has sound and the older Windows Media Player, but the external speaker is low quality, headphones are needed. It even has IR, so it can be used as a Remote, given the right software.

I can only accept PayPal. I will only ship to US Lower48.

Total price including all items mentioned above, well packed and FedEx 5day Home shipping = $65

PM if interested, Dave

Here are just a few links I found that may be of interest. They are for reference only, I have no experience with any of them.

eBay Batteries

Pharos GPS Receiver (they have CF model too)

Using PPC for GPS

PocketNavigator Software

I have a e740 sitting on the shelf that could use a good home. I purchased new for work some years back and used it only a short while before being assigned a different model.

Included:

Toshiba e740

Docking Cradle with Power and USB cables.

Extra Power only cord (for docking at work and charging at home for example).

Original Manual.

Original CD (ActiveSync, etc) has serial number intact.

Leather Sleeve (pouch type)

Leather holster with swivel belt clip.

The original stylus is included, there are no scratches or screen defects. The screen was covered in one of those plastic sheets since purchase.

HOWEVER, the battery is NO good. While powering it up in preparation for this sale, it indicated it was taking and had a full charge - but very shortly after unplugging, it powers off. It then shows on 1% charge upon restart. Batteries were shown on eBay for $10-$30. They also have larger capacity batteries (at the expense of a slim design).

While docked, all generic functions were fine, including the WiFi connection. I did not load any external apps.

There are many webpages that spec the e740, but as highlights: it has SD and CF slots (no cards provided). I used the SD slot for additional memory and backup. I borrowed a CF-based GPS for a short while, but never got any decent mapping software installed before I had to return the receiver. It has 802.11b WiFi built in and will support WEP (1st generation). It has sound and the older Windows Media Player, but the external speaker is low quality, headphones are needed. It even has IR, so it can be used as a Remote, given the right software.

I can only accept PayPal. I will only ship to US Lower48.

Total price including all items mentioned above, well packed and FedEx 5day Home shipping = $65

PM if interested, Dave

Here are just a few links I found that may be of interest. They are for reference only, I have no experience with any of them.

eBay Batteries

Pharos GPS Receiver (they have CF model too)

Using PPC for GPS

PocketNavigator Software

I am very intrested would you drop price mabye 10$ and i would take it for sure...let me know as wife has one and i would sure luv another for me here to use.