Do I have a Problme....

KansasSon

Today when I was out on a hunt, usuing my Garmin Venture CX, I was in a pretty big park where a half dozen or so Cache's are hidden. I had all the waypoints downloaded that I was going to look for. I selected the one I was going for next, and as I was driving along, and this happened another time while I was walking along a tree line, my map would start Calculating, 0%.......then a quick flash of 100%...then back to Calculating 0%.......It would do this over and over each time, a quick flash of 100%, and sometimes, the map would come back for a short time with the waypoint, and then start Calculating again.

I've been around trees before, and lots of twisty roads and I've never had it do this before. The battery charge was only down 1 bar, so I don't think it's a battery problem. The unit is only about 3 weeks old, and I'm hoping it's not a problem already with the unit.

Regards Sonny

Today when I was out on a hunt, usuing my Garmin Venture CX, I was in a pretty big park where a half dozen or so Cache's are hidden. I had all the waypoints downloaded that I was going to look for. I selected the one I was going for next, and as I was driving along, and this happened another time while I was walking along a tree line, my map would start Calculating, 0%.......then a quick flash of 100%...then back to Calculating 0%.......It would do this over and over each time, a quick flash of 100%, and sometimes, the map would come back for a short time with the waypoint, and then start Calculating again.

I've been around trees before, and lots of twisty roads and I've never had it do this before. The battery charge was only down 1 bar, so I don't think it's a battery problem. The unit is only about 3 weeks old, and I'm hoping it's not a problem already with the unit.

Regards Sonny

I don't have that model but if my Garmin 60CS was doing that I'd suspect it was trying to 'Follow the Road' to the cache. Try selecting 'Off Road' when you Goto a waypoint.