Validating my account?

sarhound

I'm wondering why I just got an email on my Yahoo email that said I needed to validate my geocaching account. When I went to the page with my account details, it had the same notice written across the top in red letters. Since I've been a member for a couple of years now, I'm curious about what is going on. Does it have something to do with the missing Charter emails not showing up from Geocaching.com?

have you by chance changed your email address recently?

When you change email address you have to 'validate' the address by clicking a link they send you in an email.

Your email can also become 'un-validated' if they've sent emails to you that bounced (for whatever reason). Once it does that I don't think the server will bother sending you anymore emails till you get it fixed.

That might be what happened. I was trying to get a My Finds PQ sent to my Charter address, and it never showed up. I then switched my account details to go to the Yahoo account, so that must be what has triggered it. Looks like Charter is still screwed up.... man, I'm getting really tired of this problem.

Thanks!