HP iPAQ

We are looking for the easiest way to do paperless caching with our iPAQ. What program downloads do we need to get our computer to communicate with our iPAQ?

Use Microsoft Activesync to connect your iPAQ to your computer, or, avoid the need for any iPAQ-computer communication and simply copy the Pocket Query GPX files to your memory card, then insert it back into your iPAQ.

To read the GPX files in the form of cache pages we're using GPX Sonar in our iPAQ 4700.

Edited by Goodguys

I use an iPAQ 6315; I've been using GPXSonar and Mapopolis on it. I've been quite happy with the combo. I use GSAK to sort all my caches into separate databases, centered on a town, then I export that database into a file on my SD card. I'm carrying close to a thousand caches right now, since I never know what area I'll be in at any given time.

I use a Bluetooth GlobalSat GPSr to run Mapopolis; I export my databases as maplets and store them on the SD card, as well. It will give me turn-by-turn driving directions to whichever cache I select, then I switch to the Magellan when I get out of the car.

I usually just copy the files via File Explorer to the iPAQ, but you can also use a card reader.

I carry the iPAQ in a metal case--so far, I haven't had any near misses with it, but if I'm going to take a header down a hill, you can bet I'm going to try to land so that I don't kill the iPAQ. :blink:

Edited by sarhound