Puzzle Cache...

mgbmusic

Does anyone know what kind of puzzle this even is???

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...02-fe7a2b8b4bb6

I've never even seen something like this...or at least not displayed in this fashion. I only ask b/c w/o even knowing what to look for, I'd have no hope of solving it. I'd understand if you all told me to bugger off tho...

--MGb

Hehehehehehehe....I'm an idiot....

Nevermind...

--MGb

Does anyone know what kind of puzzle this even is???

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...02-fe7a2b8b4bb6

I've never even seen something like this...or at least not displayed in this fashion. I only ask b/c w/o even knowing what to look for, I'd have no hope of solving it. I'd understand if you all told me to bugger off tho...

--MGb

It's a kakuro puzzle. See www.kakuro.com, or loads of other websites I'm sure

I've been solving those types of puzzles for years. I love them, but can't solve Sudoko worth beans! Dell puzzle books has them and calls them "Cross sums".

You take the number at the side (or top) like this \14 and have to come up with how ever many numbers to make that (like 8 + 6) as there are boxes. It could also be 9 + 5. You can only use a numeral one time in that number (you can't use 3 + 3+ 1 to make 7, for example), and you don't use zero. The best way to solve them is to go through the puzzle and look for the "obvious" ones, where there are only one or two possible combinations. For example, 4 is always 1+3, since you can't use a number twice (as in 2 + 2).

(The outside coordinates seem to be how you find the numbers to fill in for the cache coordinates.)

Hmm... now I'll have to go check out that website... time for some puzzle fun!

Malia