Video podcast

hairball45

This may or may not be the right forum, but here goes. I've been listening to Podcacher for some time now. I use my cell phone which has mp3 capabilities. OK, so far so good. I've run into Icenrye's video podcast and here I'm having a bit of trouble. I can get it to play on the web page, but I'm not having much success with downloads of the thing. What I'd like to do is watch the videos on my Palm T/X. I have TCPMP installed and it will run an .avi file just fine. It plays music ok too. I have had mixed results with the mp4 file that Icenrye delivers however. I have the most recent version of TCPMP installed, the one with the aac decoder removed. In this configuration I get a very nice video, no sound. I tracked down the aac decoder .prc, installed it and now I get sound, no video. Is anyone out there watching the video on a Palm? If so, how are you pullling it off? The chances of my running out and buying an ipod or the highly touted iphone are uh, minimal to highly exaggerate them. Gotta run what I brung. I know that the phone isn't a likely medium for the thing, and the screen is way to small for that anyway, so it's the Palm.

hairball

At first I was thinking I wouldn't bother watching an Icenrye episode (as cool as they are) when I'm out and about, but only because I have always enjoyed his shows in the cozy comfort of my palatial and well-appointed design studio. When I imagine sitting atop Cedar Butte with a thermos of coffee and my video iPod, though, it's suddenly starting to sound pretty darn cool.

My first suggestion for video conversion is QuickTime Pro. Icenrye's videos are typically large files, so you'll need to play with the compression settings a bit.

Good luck!

Disclaimer: Pablo Mac is a semi-regular contributor to Icenrye's Geocaching Videozine.