Accessing Regions stored on SD Card

dank24

I have a magellan meridian and I am trying to access the regions that I saved on the SD card. I used MapSend to save and load the regions. With the card in the GPS I went to card utilities, change map, but the regions I loaded aren't there. Can you have more then one region on a card? Where can I find documention on how to do this? The Magellan website is useless, and the manual isn't any help when it comes to the memory card. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a magellan meridian and I am trying to access the regions that I saved on the SD card. I used MapSend to save and load the regions. With the card in the GPS I went to card utilities, change map, but the regions I loaded aren't there. Can you have more then one region on a card? Where can I find documention on how to do this? The Magellan website is useless, and the manual isn't any help when it comes to the memory card. Any help would be appreciated.

When you save the region to the SD card, the filename deafults to "DETAIL.IMG"....So if you send more than one region, it will just overwrite them, till the last one saved is the only one you have.

I havent used my Magellan or Mapsend in quite awhile, but somewhere in the creation/save part of the process, you need to uniquely name each region, then it will work for you.

Supposedly you can only have up to 4 regions loaded...But I think that might be what can be loaded in RAM at one time, not what can be on the card. I'm pretty sure I had more than 4 regions saved on the card in my friends MeriGreen, spread from NY down to Florida, so he could cache on the way.

By the way, you are doing everything correctly in the Meridian menu to change the map...

HTH

Edited by Blue_stone