Travel bug race advice needed

RealWorldAvatars

Hi, all! I'm about to launch an eight-bug cross-country race, but I need one important bit of info: the name of a good cache in Florida that these bugs can use as the halfway point on their journey. I was hoping for one that has been around for a good, long while, to minimize the chances of it being archived mid-race. It also needs to be large enough to hold several small travel bugs (an ammo can would be ideal), and less than *** in terrain or difficulty. Finally, I'd like to find one that is logged fairly frequently, so that my racers don't languish there for months before starting their return trip.

Does such a cache exist, or am I asking for the moon... again? :)

Thanks so much for any suggestions!!

Edited by RealWorldAvatars

I live in FL, but can not recommend a cache in my area. I live on the NW part of FL (Central Time Zone), and cachers in this area are not as active as some other areas.

I did just start a new website TBrace.com where you can track TB races. The site is new and currently only supports 1 type of race: which TB can travel the most miles from the start date to the end date.

However, I intend on adding other types of races. If you give me the rules (starting conditions, restraints, requirements) of your race, perhaps I can add it to TBrace.com.

Let me know if you are interested.

Hello, and thank you! :rolleyes:

In the end, I did a search on caches near my alma mater, Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, and chose the largest nearby one which had been established for quite a while. :rolleyes: It's been logged many times, so here's hoping it sticks around long enough for all the bugs to make it down there and home again!

I'll PM you the rules of the race, but it would probably be difficult to include on a database-driven site, hmmm. Each of the eight monsters in the race has a seperate set of "tourism" goals to achieve on their migration.

They all started their mad dash for sun and sand last night at a cache event, so now it'll just be fun to see who manages to get back first! :anitongue::anitongue: