Change Username

darylt

No, you can't change your username.

If you write a really nice e-mail to Groundspeak, maybe they will allow you to change it, but usually you can't.

I wonder how many other people don't read the fine writing on the page where you set up your account. And I quote: "Choose username for this account:

This is the name that you will be known as on the site and log entries. This will be the permanent username that represents you to other members, so choose wisely!"

Maybe that section needs to be a little more obvious.

Edited by 4BOWS

No, you can't change your username.

If you write a really nice e-mail to Groundspeak, maybe they will allow you to change it, but usually you can't.

I wonder how many other people don't read the fine writing on the page where you set up your account. And I quote: "Choose username for this account:

This is the name that you will be known as on the site and log entries. This will be the permanent username that represents you to other members, so choose wisely!"

Maybe that section needs to be a little more obvious.

Perhaps that change (permanence) came after they signed up? For a while, TPTB DID allow name changes, but it was messy, and probably more trouble than it was worth.