username changed

GeoJane & CacheDaddy

If you just change your username but still have the same account your cache finds under your old name will eventually be updated to be credited to your new name. It explains this somewhere on geocaching.com but I'm not sure where. I have changed my username before and I did not need to post any new logs for old cache finds under my new username.

Hope that helps!

That advice is incorrect ... previously, when you changed your name via a rename of your account, this was true. However, that is no longer possible (as of about May of this year). Your only option to "change" your name now is to create a totally new account and re-log all of your caches.

To answer the original question ... yes, you can log the cache and back-date it to the actual find date. I would note in your "find" that you are re-logging to change names and cite the name of the original find which you are replaced. If you're really concerned about keeping the find counts accurate for the owner, you should delete your original find after logging the new one (carefully copying the original "find" text to your new log).

If you just change your username but still have the same account your cache finds under your old name will eventually be updated to be credited to your new name. It explains this somewhere on geocaching.com but I'm not sure where. I have changed my username before and I did not need to post any new logs for old cache finds under my new username.

Hope that helps!

Actually that is no longer true. You will have to go back and relog all of your finds. I believe you can go back to the original date if you remember them. As to the TB's...I'm not sure how to handle that.

El Diablo

If I remember correctly, all you need to do for the TBs is to adopt them to your new account name from your old account.

Adoption only applies to things you own. The OP doesn't own any TBs, but has found 10 TBs and a few geocoins.

To the OP: if you want to move these trackables to your new account you'll need to relog them, but to do this you'll need the individual TB and coin numbers. If you don't have the numbers, you can ask the owners for them, but you might not hear from everyone.

If I remember correctly, all you need to do for the TBs is to adopt them to your new account name from your old account.

Adoption only applies to things you own. The OP doesn't own any TBs, but has found 10 TBs and a few geocoins.

To the OP: if you want to move these trackables to your new account you'll need to relog them, but to do this you'll need the individual TB and coin numbers. If you don't have the numbers, you can ask the owners for them, but you might not hear from everyone.

Ooops, right you are! I read through that too fast, and thought they meant ones they owned. Thanks for giving them the right advice.