Map Problem with eXplorist 210

Franzenz

I have an explorist 210.

Assuming you are in North America, the correct map to use on your 210 is:

the na_lb112 one. It is listed on that site as being for the 400, 500, 600, but I have extracted the file and compared it to my 210's basemap and it is byte by byte identical. The direct link is here-

http://www.rhamphorhinkx.ecohost.ru/maps/n...500-600_na).rar

You will need to decompress the RAR file with something like unrar or WinRar. After that, rename the file as BASEMAP.MGI. Then connect your 210 to your PC and copy the BASEMAP.MGI file onto the 210 in the "Background Maps" directory.

Safely dismount the 210 from windows, and you should be good again.

I have an explorist 210.

Assuming you are in North America, the correct map to use on your 210 is:

the na_lb112 one. It is listed on that site as being for the 400, 500, 600, but I have extracted the file and compared it to my 210's basemap and it is byte by byte identical.

CT, just to doublecheck (it sounds like you've already answered the question, but I'd like to verify): the basemap for the 200-300 is *not* the one for the 200?

Edit: It might be worth noting that the systems attribute has to be toggled for the Explorist firmware to recognize the basemap file. From the DOS command window in the directory in which the basemap file resides before transfer, type the DOS command "attrib s+ BASEMAP.MGI" (without the quotes).

2nd Edit: I made a typo in my question for CT. It should conclude "the basemap for the 200-300 is *not* the one for the **210**

Edited by embra

CT, just to doublecheck (it sounds like you've already answered the question, but I'd like to verify): the basemap for the 200-300 is *not* the one for the 200?

That is correct. My 210 basemap is byte by byte identical to the "na_lb112 (ex_400-500-600_na).rar" basemap. It is not the basemap for the 200-300 model (I downloaded that one too and checked).

Thanks for the attrib +s tip, I forgot about that...