Mapsend Topo 3D problems

I was hoping someone out there has encountered this problem.

I installed the program according to the instructions, and when I started it up, there isn't even a hint that it is a 3D map. I just get the flat map. The help files talk about some 3D button, but I don't even have that on the tool bar.

I want to put the data into a Explorist 500, but I haven't been able to produce a map worth loading onto my GPSr, so I don't know if that function works.

I am hoping that it is a simple "operator malfunction" and not something wrong with the program. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by ShutterBug98027

Yep. The tool bar is visible. but there is no option to activate the 3D function. I don't even have a topo map on the PC. On the status window on the right, where it lists the cut out regions you have selected, I see a check box for POI's but no check box for topographic views.

What's really frustrating, is I am a manager for development and Tier 3 support in my company, and I have this stupid problem I cant solve :/

This is a problem occasionally reported...you aren't alone. I haven't experienced it first-hand, so I'm not certain of the solution. I'd try uninstalling and re-installing to see if you have better luck.

The contour data is contained in five .blx format files in the Topo3d USA\maps\Blx folder. You could look to see if they are there or not.

Another thing you could check for is to see whether there is a line to this effect at the end of the [PATHS] section of your mapsend.ini file:

Topo3DInit=topo3d.ini,BLX0,BLX1

Those should all be there by the grace of the installer, but if anything is missing it might explain why your world is flat.

Yep. The tool bar is visible. but there is no option to activate the 3D function. I don't even have a topo map on the PC. On the status window on the right, where it lists the cut out regions you have selected, I see a check box for POI's but no check box for topographic views.

What's really frustrating, is I am a manager for development and Tier 3 support in my company, and I have this stupid problem I cant solve :/

No, no. Right click on the toolbar and click view. then check 3D. the 3d button will appear. there is also something in view>somethingorother. The 3D is there, the button is just not showing up.

I reinstalled it onto my "C" drive not the external hard drive array most of my software goes. After the installation, the program worked as advertised! Looks like when I get the time, I need to look at my system.ini file. The topo maps were "hiding" because the path was not defined (thanks Bill!).

Problem solved. Thank you everyone!