CN v8 NT & 60csx

lj1983

okay, so i bought a 60csx to replace my etrex vista and love it, ordered and just received the city navigator v8, plus a 1gb card. trying to load maps (they load fine) but i can't click the little button for "include route calculation data" its grayed out. i've been doing alot of reading on the forums, so i made sure to click it...but ihaven't seen anyone else with this issue yet. i reinstalled CN, and still no issue. 1 map, lotsa maps...i dunno. i uninstalled the waypoint manager that originally game with the gps, and reinstalled CN, still nothing. arg.

hrm...loaded up some maps, and the gps popped up that the maps have the autorouting data. i guess its assumed 'on' for all the NT maps? because all those gpsr have auto-routing?

When you download maps to your GPSr from the NT version of MapSource, the autorouting information is always included, so that box is grayed out. With the non-NT versions of MapSource, it's useful to be able to not download that autorouting data if the GPSr has limited memory capacity (though personally I would rather download fewer map segments than do without the autorouting). Of course, if you have a GPSr that doesn't have autorouting capability, it could make sense to not bother with that data if you're running out of space.

Bottom line, with NT map software, you always get the autorouting data.

--Larry