Terrian Navigator Pro mapping software and the 60cx

bowsniperx

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I could not find the thread.

I have maptech Terrian Navigator Pro mapping software and a Garmin 60CX. I can get routes to download from the GPS to the maptech sw, but when I try to download waypoints, the maptech SW says that the waypoints have been downloaded, but no waypoint names are downloaded. Maptech customer service blames the problem on garmin, and says in order to solve the problem, I must upgrade to Terrian Navigator Pro v7, for $200.

Does anyone have a second opinion on this?

Thanks,

Mark

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I could not find the thread.

I have maptech Terrian Navigator Pro mapping software and a Garmin 60CX. I can get routes to download from the GPS to the maptech sw, but when I try to download waypoints, the maptech SW says that the waypoints have been downloaded, but no waypoint names are downloaded. Maptech customer service blames the problem on garmin, and says in order to solve the problem, I must upgrade to Terrian Navigator Pro v7, for $200.

Does anyone have a second opinion on this?

Thanks,

Mark

I've got about 13 opinions on Maptech.....none of them any good.

I had TNP for several years and listened to every excuse under the sun for why this or that didn't work or why aerial photos weren't available,etc,etc,etc It's always someone else's problem or it can't be done for proprietary reasons or......

I solved the problem permanently by not even loading their software on my next computer.

Expert GPS, or Natl Geo TOPO is much better software and you won't have to put up with the BS.

I hope this is not beating around the bush too much.....