GPSBabel+ the GUI for OSX can't download it anywhere

I have not had any luck either.

I been trying for over a week with the link above. I think it's only a small download so would be easy for someone who already has this to upload it, so we can download it & as it's open source I don't think it would infringe any copyrights, have you found any other decent geocache s/w for macs?

I've been using 'LoadMyTracks' but I think GPSBabel has a few more features

I really wish these Mac aggregators would quit deep linking into the download sites. I remain convinced this is why the reviews on the Mac aggregation sites consistently flame us for having no doc - they link right past it. (It's also how they miss that 'donate' link. I guess I'll move it into the GUI to solve that...)

That said, I just successfully downloaded it from the Kent mirror. If you can't get it from Kent, there are a dozen other choices. It's been downloaded 949 times today (OK, I can't tell for certain if it was the Mac version, but they all use the same mirror servers) so it doesn't seem to be flagrantly broken.

One thing to be aware of is that the download servers don't find "clever" downloaders to be very amusing. I've seen it reject things like the "break this file up into segments and start multiple xfers in parallel" code - a plain ole web browser works best.

GPSbabel+ is great btw, thank you robertlipe

Now I have all the software I need for happy Geocache adventures with OSX & a Garmin 60CSx:

GPSBabel+ (to give .LOC friendly names instead of 'GC58E4'

Load my tracks (To convert .LOC files and send to Garmin 60CSx, then convert .LOC files to KML)

GoogleEarth (Import newly converted .KML files to display & keep track of Geocaches)

Now I only have to use Windows to load Garmin TOPO maps from the Mapsource CD, no worries :rolleyes:

Edited by CareerZombie

Have you tried LoadMyTracks?

http://www.cluetrust.com/LoadMyTracks.html

LoadMyTracks is a sweet, simple and fast utility that allows users of Mac OSX 10.4 (running either Intel or Power PC) to upload and download track, route, and waypoint information from a variety of GPS receivers and turn make the data available as either GPX files or KML files (for use with Google Earth).

We must have been typing at exactly the same time :rolleyes: I agree LoadMyTracks is very good, coupled with GoogleEarth they make a sweet geocache setup for OSX.