GSAK / Streets & Trips/ GPS Gate

ILBandit

I downloaded the GPS Gate so I could use my 60 csx for Streets & Trips through the USB port. It works now on S&T. But... I have to reconfigure GPS Gate settings, and Streets & Trips GPS functions every time I go to use it. Isn't it supposed to be automatic?

Also, now that I have downloaded the GPSGate, GSAK won't recognise / find my GPS anymore. I use it for downloading caches into my GPS alot, so I really would like to have it back.

Did I do somehting wrong when I downloaded GPS Gate? Or do I have to change some settings around for it it to work for GSAK?

The way I understood it, if I installed the GPS Gate software, My 60csx would work on both programs.

HELP??????

Thanks for the response...

After playing around with it for the last hour or so, I finally got it to work.

Seems like if I "close" the gps gate, (i.e. turn the icon in the task bar red)it comes back and works fine on GSAK, then just open it up again, and it working for Streets & Trips again.

Sound about right to you?

Thanks for the response...

After playing around with it for the last hour or so, I finally got it to work.

Seems like if I "close" the gps gate, (i.e. turn the icon in the task bar red)it comes back and works fine on GSAK, then just open it up again, and it working for Streets & Trips again.

Sound about right to you?

Not really, although that's one way, it's probably not the best way. The only thing talking directly to the GPS should be GPSgate. GSAK and S&T should be talking to GPSgate through virtual comm ports that you configure in GPSgate. The whole point of GPSGate is to share one device or port with multiple software packages at the same time.

What DocDitto said. (Which is what I tried to say, but apparently failed.)

GPSGate should "own" the USB connection. Everything else - including GSAK - should talk to GPSGate's virtual serial ports.

That is what I thought it would do. I figured all I would have to do is plug in the GPS, and GPS gate would take care of the rest, but it doesn't seem to do that for me. After playing around with it some moe, I still have to "find" the port by configuring GPS on Streets & Trips, and I still have to close the GPS gate to get GSAK to recognise my GPS.

Did I maybe do something wrong in the istalation of GPS Gate?

When I go to the setup wizard on GPSGate, it will always "find" the Gps , and I go ahead and tell it to use that. But it still does the above mentioned.

And when I configure the GPS from Streets & Trips, it always "finds" it on com port 2. once I click OK after that screen, it will start working fine.

I can go ahead and keep doing it the way I have been, but I sure would like it to work like a "plug & play" like I figured it would after installing the gpsgate.