GC.com Not Sending Email to Some Domains?

dinobalz

I'm not able to get mail from geocaching.com to certain domains (not AOL).

When I update my address to the one I want to use, the account page says account must be verified, but I don't received the verification code. No junk filters in the way, and my account has been active for about a year.

Mail sent from other sites to the same address work ok. I've tested sending to the domain from multiple services.

This only occurs when I set my email address to an account in my personal domain (dinobalz.com). Works OK if I set it to an address in another domain.

Email to that domain may have bounced for a while some time ago. Will a certain number of bounced messages cause the mail server to not send mail to that entire domain anymore??

I'm not able to get mail from geocaching.com to certain domains (not AOL).

When I update my address to the one I want to use, the account page says account must be verified, but I don't received the verification code. No junk filters in the way, and my account has been active for about a year.

Mail sent from other sites to the same address work ok. I've tested sending to the domain from multiple services.

This only occurs when I set my email address to an account in my personal domain (dinobalz.com). Works OK if I set it to an address in another domain.

Email to that domain may have bounced for a while some time ago. Will a certain number of bounced messages cause the mail server to not send mail to that entire domain anymore??

Shouldn't be the problem, I've had stuff bounce to my personal domain for a while before, and it didn't cause any long term problems.

Just tried it again and it still is not working.

If I use my business email, validation email is received.

If I use my personal email (geocaching@dinobalz.com)- no email received.

That email address works fine from every other system I've tried. Just not GC.com

I'm sure the Groundspeak admins are busy, which I can appreciate, but I think it is resonable to expect a response. After all, I do pay to use this site. I believe it is a Groundspeak issue, and must be affecting more users than just me.

Thanks, carleenp. I tried "submitting a ticket" but that was completely ignored also. I'd rather be told to "piss off" than be ignored.

At the risk of opening myself up to tons of junk mail, if anyone reading this wants to send an email to:

test@dinobalz.com

It would be interesting to see if I can't receive mail from anyone else besides GC.com.

Just tried it again and it still is not working.

If I use my business email, validation email is received.

If I use my personal email (geocaching@dinobalz.com)- no email received.

That email address works fine from every other system I've tried. Just not GC.com

I'm sure the Groundspeak admins are busy, which I can appreciate, but I think it is resonable to expect a response. After all, I do pay to use this site. I believe it is a Groundspeak issue, and must be affecting more users than just me.

Dino -

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I was just forwarded this thread.

Every email we've sent to your domain was sucessfully delivered. I'll send you a PM with the log entries so you can follow up with your mail provider.

:laughing: Elias