Wtb: Geko Or Other Inexpensive Used Gps

It looks like I am going to have to buy GPS units for my science classroom out of my own pocket. If you have a very inexpensive used unit (geko, etc) for sale, please pm, email me, or post it here.

Not really blaming the school, our budget has been frozen for all but essentials for three years now, because of a huge problem with county taxes when they switched to new computers --taxes weren't calculated right, then they weren't billed right, then they weren't paid on time etc. In the mean time, the school had to take out loans to operate normally, and now we are having to pay them back (with the usual interest). We did get a little science budget last year, but I have to share with three other science teachers, and....well, even though they all think GPS would be neat, they don't see how it fits their curriculum.

I do. I want the kids to use the GPS to keep track of local wetland loss, to help mark biological points of interest on a new walking trail in the community, and to just know how to use them to help explain satellite orbits better in the classroom, among other things. I want it badly enough to fork over some cash myself. I've written all the grants I can find, I have asked the parent-teacher-student association for $$, I have put out feelers in the local geocaching community, and now I am asking here.

If you are selling a unit or know of a great sale price on less expensive models suitable for highschool students (Geko, eTrex Legend, Lowrance, etc) please let me know.

PS-Other teachers may watch this thread too--so you may end up helping someone in your local area.

We teach GPS and GIS to teachers in the Midwest. We do have a Garmin dealer that gives us a very good discount to teachers. I can send the forms with the prices if you are in the teaching profession. Just send me an email, your name and school and I will send you the forms as attachments.

ed