Editing Coordinates For An Approved Cache

The Hazelnuts

I don't know when this change happened, but a cache owner can no longer edit the coordinates of their cache. The option offered now is to post a note telling what the new coordinates are. I tried finding one recently and it was a big DNF - Big Ditch (GCW1BN). After reading the logs, the owner had posted a note saying that the coordinates that they had submitted were wrong and here are the right coordinates. Well, the right and wrong coordinates were quite different. Does this mean that before we go out and find a cache, we have to scroll down and read all of the logs to make sure that the owner hasn't posted a log with the right coordinates? That would certainly be a big pain in the behind.

The owner didn't do it right, as the coordinates can be edited on the cache page (by the cache owner). Simply use the "Edit listing" link on the right-hand side of the page, and click the "You can modify your cache coordinates via a log entry" link. It will do it as a log entry like you suggest, but also change the coordinates at the top of the page.

As a cache owner you can still only move the cache up to a few hundred feet, anything after that you would need a reviewer's assistance.

The owner didn't do it right, as the coordinates can be edited on the cache page (by the cache owner). Simply use the "Edit listing" link on the right-hand side of the page, and click the "You can modify your cache coordinates via a log entry" link. It will do it as a log entry like you suggest, but also change the coordinates at the top of the page.

As a cache owner you can still only move the cache up to a few hundred feet, anything after that you would need a reviewer's assistance.

Thanks. I've forwarded your text to the owner of the cache. <_<