Loading Maps On A 60csx

guys,

Just bought a 60csx from the US and am currently living in Manila Philippines. I have the Worldmap mapsource and was able to load a roadmap of my country, but its quite outdated. I was able to source a more detailed and updated third party map and was able to load it to the unit , but it erased the previously loaded mapsource map. Is there a way to load both either thru the device or thru the memory card now that the card can be accessed like a drive. BTW I used Sendmap by cgpsmapper to load the third party map

Steven

Has anyone created custom maps of this type that they can share with others? This is one thing I haven't found but would expect... like .gpx files of waypoints of interest for different areas or user-created maps that can be shared... any source for stuff like this?

Has anyone created custom maps of this type that they can share with others? This is one thing I haven't found but would expect... like .gpx files of waypoints of interest for different areas or user-created maps that can be shared... any source for stuff like this?

http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com/

I've posted 33 maps there in the last few days. If you use the process from:

http://home.cinci.rr.com/creek/garmin.htm

it is pretty easy to make high quality TOPO maps. I've got my area mapped and hope others will do the same for their area.

thanks for all the info , I am using the worldmap , is it possible to upload just portions of it , as it wont fit the 64mb card anyways . Can I use sendmap to loap portions of the worldmap and a third party map so I can keep both maps in the handheld unit