Sportrak Pro Depart/dest Line

Title should say it all... If I hit GOTO and enter an address, the stupid departure/destination lines stays ON as this big, fat line. :laughing: I have it turned off in the settings, and only want the POS/DEST line on. Even when that's selected, and the depart/dest is NOT selected, I still get this big fat line AND the one that shows where I'm at, and where I need to go (POS/DEST line). :confused: I notice that this is only when I hit "GOTO" and enter an address "on the fly." If I mark a waypoint, save it, THEN select it as a GOTO, I don't get the DEPART/DEST line. :confused: Why is this? I don't remember this before I did the upgrade, and I just REdid the whole firmware upgrade. (ver 5.34).

I am curious... I did this upgrade around December/January. What exactly is the "upgrade" for? I didn't notice any changes, and in fact there are some roads (like Summit Road) where the map on the GPS is actually MISSING a few chunks of road. I've noticed this on some other roads, and it's discouraging especially when I'm "exploring" some fireroads and whatnot in the Santa Cruz mountains.

Is the line-problem something anyone else has encountered? I'm using a Sportrak Pro, and I guess I'm wondering why I ever DID the "upgrade." :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated. I did search, but came up empty. TIA!!!

Monty

That's a headscratcher, as toggling the Depart-Dest lind on or off in the display settings should be the thing that makes the difference. Reinstalling the firmware should clear out all the memory and let you begin afresh.

The only thing I could suggest (if you didn't do it following the firmware installation) is a final clear memory/all. I know with the Meridian (and even the Explorists) that clearing all memory out immediately after the installation got rid of some cobwebs that otherwise showed up in odd behavior.

That's a headscratcher, as toggling the Depart-Dest lind on or off in the display settings should be the thing that makes the difference. Reinstalling the firmware should clear out all the memory and let you begin afresh.

The only thing I could suggest (if you didn't do it following the firmware installation) is a final clear memory/all. I know with the Meridian (and even the Explorists) that clearing all memory out immediately after the installation got rid of some cobwebs that otherwise showed up in odd behavior.

Yes, I did reinstall the firmware. I even cleared the download from the 'puter, and got it fresh. Still have the problem. I also did the memory clear/all both before and after the upload. That's exactly what the directions called for. Very confusing, and I'd gladly take the Sportrak the way it WAS because I don't notice any difference other than the negative problem I stated. I think there's the "turn-by-turn", but I don't have the software for that, and wouldn't use the Sportrak that way, anyway. I'm kind of "accustomed" to using the "antiquated" way of using my rubberband and figuring how to "get there" using it that way. This is really a headscratcher, I'll agree. Thanks for understanding that I did toggle the Depart-Dest line... and that it still appears.