Google Earth

DFRAG

OK. I loaded my tracks from Garmin GPS into google earth and was beyond happy when I saw the nice blue highlights of where I biked. Even my waypoints came up well.

HOWEVER...

I am using the free stuff and LOATHE the green and white triangles on the trail!!! If I subscribe, will I get same map WITHOUT those awful triangle? I contacted Google, no response!

OK. I loaded my tracks from Garmin GPS into google earth and was beyond happy when I saw the nice blue highlights of where I biked. Even my waypoints came up well.

HOWEVER...

I am using the free stuff and LOATHE the green and white triangles on the trail!!! If I subscribe, will I get same map WITHOUT those awful triangle? I contacted Google, no response!

In Earth Plus and Pro, the GPS Device dialogue has a checkbox for "Draw icons at track and route points". You can't control which icons are used, but you can turn them off an on.

If you're using GPSBabel to get your tracks into Earth, that corresponds to the 'points' suboption.

If you're using something else (and you must be using something since the free version doesn't have GPS connectivity) it's hard to say without knowing what that something might be.

HOWEVER...

In Earth Plus and Pro, the GPS Device dialogue has a checkbox for "Draw icons at track and route points". You can't control which icons are used, but you can turn them off an on.

If you're using GPSBabel to get your tracks into Earth, that corresponds to the 'points' suboption.

If you're using something else (and you must be using something since the free version doesn't have GPS connectivity) it's hard to say without knowing what that something might be.

Thank you for the informative response. I am Using Garmin (GPS device and) their City select North America version 7 for street level maps. On the toolbar I have an option in 'View' to 'view in google earth.'

OK. I might try using GPSBabel to get into earth as well and see if that works before subscribing to Plus or Pro.